List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] A (too huge) Arabic word-list (with prefixes) for spell-checkers
From:       Dan Kenigsberg <danken () cs ! technion ! ac ! il>
Date:       2006-05-17 8:37:11

Hello,

I would like to disperse a confusion that might have risen.

Yesterday I released my conversion of Tim Buckwalter's database of Arabic to the
Aspell format. You can see/use it on http://ivrix.org.il/projects/arabic .
Please see the disclaimers in http://ivrix.org.il/projects/arabic/README-ar.txt .

Unknown to me, Ethan Bradford and Gokalp Yapici have been working on the same
kind of project, and even have discussed it with this list. Since I am only a
volunteer, and since their package might come out somewhat lighter, it might be
sensible to have it as Aspell's Arabic package. However, using and commenting on
my currently-available package would be useful, as both packages rely on the
same database.

--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901