List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] How to create a wordlist from Aspell for agiveninstalled language?
From:       David <achepati67 () yahoo ! es>
Date:       2006-04-29 10:39:55

Dear Stephan,

Stephen Harris <stephen.p.harris@sbcglobal.net> wrote:     David wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> I was looking first into coes project but I was surpissed about such
> tokens delimitor, because I don't understand well what does mean:
> /VX,/P,/S, /RTVX, /LVX, etc. I replace them by nothing, but I don't know
> if I am doing well.
>
> Any way when I compile the word list with:
>
> http://www.xmlmind.com/spellchecker/dictbuilder.shtml
>
> it works, but the resulting dictionary is very poor, it doesn't reconize
> simple words. That is why I was trying to the word list directly from
> Aspell, especting to get a better input.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>

> I don't understand what you are trying to do? What you wrote sounds
like you wanted to get the words from Aspell so that you could build
a Spanish dictionary? Did you already get the precompiled spanish
dictionary from http://apell.net/win32/ aspell-es-0.50-2-3.exe ?

  Not exactly, I need a word list in order to compile it for another application.

  http://www.xmlmind.com/spellchecker/dictbuilder.shtml

  then to use it on Xml Oxygen editor:

  http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/text-editor-specific-actions.html

  I have installed Aspell and Spanish dictionary (win32).

  I have obtained the spanish word list from some mentioned web pages, but I get a \
very poor dictionary quality. That is why I was thinking about to get the word list \
directly from Aspell especting to get a better quality, but I get some problem for \
invoking some of the command you recomend.

> Are you trying to use extra-dicts, English and Spanish?
That works with Linux but I am not sure about Windows.

  I am working for win32, the spanish dictionary I have installed just for getting \
the word list from it, but I have problems for getting the wordlist from aspell \
directly, but I have same problem for getting the default dictionary word list.
  From one of the wordlist I have downloaded, I have eliminated some spetial tokens \
like: \VX, \P, \S, but after compiling it then I get a poor dictionary on Xml Oxygen \
Editor.
  Do you have any idea?

  thanks for your interest,

  David

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting \
at 1&cent;/min.