List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell doubt
From:       Ananda Kumar C <anandc () yahoo-inc ! com>
Date:       2005-07-12 12:17:35

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks a lot for your input, Kevin.<br>
Regards,<br>
Anand<br>
Kevin Atkinson wrote:
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0507120359540.1560-100000@kevin-p3.atkinson.dhs.org"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Ananda Kumar C wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi All

    </pre>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0507120359540.1560-100000@kevin-p3.atkinson.dhs.org"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">I am developing an application which uses aspell for spell checking,
using the C api.
I want to know how Aspell works . Is the dictionary loaded completely
into the memory at startup?
I saw that the English dictionary was close to 2 MB.
Also in case of multiple processes in the same machine, does aspell
share the dictionary memory across processes?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
If mmap is corretly working on your machine than Aspell will
1) Load the dictioary as needed on startup
2) Will Share the memory between processes.

---
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org">http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org</a>

  </pre>