List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Setting for Emacs OSX
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-01-31 9:30:39

Hi again  :)

I've managed to install Emacs for the Mac OSX GUI, and I'm wrestling
with its interface and huge size. :(   (I need a po editor, and I don't
want to run another window system.)

In the Aspell manual, in order to tell Emacs to use Aspell instead of
Ispell, it says:

> The easiest way to use Aspell with Emacs or XEmacs is to add this line:
> (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
>
>  to the end of your .emacs file.

but Emacs OSX doesn't have an .emacs file. Can I set this preference
from within the application at all? If not, which file do I edit?
info.plist?

I hope this will all be worth it when I have it working. ;)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở th nh phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc