List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell in user area on server?
From:       Don and Michelle Downin <dmdownin () cableaz ! com>
Date:       2004-12-04 20:39:40

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks Kevin.&nbsp; Where do I find an appropriate dictionary?<br>
I appreciate your help.<br>
Don<br>
Kevin Atkinson wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0412040040180.11483-100000@kevin-p3.atkinson.dhs.org"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Don and Michelle Downin wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I just checked with my host administrator, and they won't install Aspell
on the server.  Guess since Pspell is installed, they don't want both.
Can I install Aspell in my domain area on that host?  If so, how do I go
about that?  I've got the compilers necessary to compile Aspell.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Just use the "--prefix=&lt;dir&gt;" configure option to set the base directory
to something in your home directory.  Than add "&lt;prefix&gt;/bin' to your
PATH.  Than install a dictionary.  When you run "./configure" on the
dictionary package make sure that the right Aspell is detected.

  </pre>