List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Installed 0.60, got 0.33.7.1 (!?)
From:       Ronald <mu000024 () burken ! nu>
Date:       2004-09-28 7:22:16

Hi!

I installed: aspell-0.60.tar.gz

But when checking version:

[ronald@server ronald]$ aspell -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell .33.7.1 alpha)
                                                              ^^^^^^

And when I try to install aspell6-en-6.0-0.tar I get a lot of garbage.

[daniel@alban aspell6-en-6.0-0]$ ./configure --vars ASPELL=/usr/bin/aspell
PREZIP=/home/user/word-list-compress
Finding Dictionary file location ... # conf descrip: main configuration file # conf default:
aspell.conf # conf current: aspell.conf # conf-dir descrip: location of main configuration file #
conf-dir default: /etc # conf-dir current: /etc # data-dir descrip: location of language data files
# data-dir default: <prefix:share/aspell> # data-dir current: /usr/share/aspell # dict-dir descrip:
location of the main word list # dict-dir default: <prefix:lib/aspell> # dict-dir current:

What's wrong? A clue would be appreciated.

Ronald