List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] PHP, Aspell 0.50+, dictionary location
From:       J/ <aspell () maztec ! org>
Date:       2004-05-23 21:57:27

This is rather odd.  I installed a custom version of aspell so I could use my own \
dictionaries.  This used to work.  Recently my host installed a new copy of aspell.   \
Now, no matter how I configure PHP it uses the dictionaries from the new copy of \
aspell.

In an attempt to get around this problem I had them create a link from where their \
copy expects aspell dictionaries to be located, to my custom dictionary location.  \
Now aspell can't find the dictionaries at all.  Apparently it can't resolve the \
linked dictionary directory to the correct location -- which I thought would be the \
responsibility of the file system.

Any suggestions on how to get PHP to use my custom dictionaries rather than the ones \
associated with the system install of aspell would be great.

I thought of using AWLI, but I can't figure out how to do that -- keeps throwing back \
that the file isn't formatted correctly.

Thanks.

J/