List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Spell-checking accented texts
From:       DOLCINI Pietro <pietro.dolcini-renexter () renault ! com>
Date:       2003-05-21 6:00:52

Hi,

I'm currently writing my final project report in french using Latex under Linux Red \
Hat 9.0. I've uninstalled the old aspell 0.3 installed by deafault and intallled \
Aspell 0.50.3.

When I try to use it from within VIM all the accented characters (usually normally \
diplayed in the shell) are changed to small squares, making it impossible to continue \
checking. The same happens when I use aspell from the command line.

If I use the encoding option --encoding=iso8859-1 problems are not resolved, I've \
tried to change the encoding using KDE KWrite but without appreciable results \
(actually I managed to stop LaTeX from recognising accented letters too ;-) )

Since the french dictionary is available the problem should be easy one but I'm \
rather short of ideas (recompiling xterm to support utf8 would help?)

Thanks
Pietro