List:       aspell-user
Subject:    [Aspell-user] Personal Wordlist limitations
From:       "Dormont, Dan (CORP)" <Dan.Dormont () corporate ! ge ! com>
Date:       2003-05-05 22:53:15

Hi,

I'm using aspell as a server-side spell checker backend for a widely =
used web app.  I'm using a single personal word list to maintain a set =
of technical terms, business-related names and other things based on =
feedback.  My question is,

is there a limit on the size of the personal word list before a =
noticeable performance hit appears?  I'm talking about a slowdown either =
at load time or when a word is passed along (I'm operating in pipe =
mode).  So far I have < 100 but it could get much bigger.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Dormont
SupportCentral - GE Corporate