List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] spell checker for text areas in Java Applets
From:       lepekhine <lepekhine () fors ! spb ! ru>
Date:       2002-11-25 12:17:10

Hi Laurent!

On Monday 25 November 2002 13:13, LForest@mtr.sema.slb.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am quite new to Aspell, and to spell checkers in general.
> I was thinking of using Aspell as a spell checker for text areas in Jav=
> Applets (e.g. e-mail body). However, I saw Aspell has a C API only, whi=
ch
> does not make it very adapted to Java programs and applets.
>
> Can Aspell be sensibly used in a Java Applet context?
> If not, do you know another spell checker that would be more adapted to
> this context?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Best regards
>
> Laurent FOREST

I successfuly use jEdit text editor with spell checker plugin.
The editor itself and all plugins are written in Java.
It works fine for English and Russian languages for me..
As I understand this plugin use aspell input and output steams and does n=
ot
use aspell API at all.
Please, go to www.jedit.org and then to plugins page.
You can get java sources there.
I work in Rad Hat Linux 7.3 with embedded aspell
and with Russian dictionary from aspell site.

Best regards
Alexander Lepekhine