List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [Aspell-user] =?iso-8859-1?Q?Aspell_with_Emacs?=
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () gnu ! org>
Date:       2002-10-04 8:51:05

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, arthur.chereau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Aspell from Emacs, but I'm experiencing some
> difficulties. I use Aspell 0.50.2 and Emacs from cvs.
>
> Accented letters are not checked in emacs. Only the non accented part of
> the word is. Maybe this is because I use ISO-8859-15, but when I switch
> to latin1 in emacs and have LC_ALL=fr_FR (not @euro) there's no
> difference.

Are you saying that the word gets split in two or more pieces when there
is an accent in the word?

> When I use aspell from the command line, I call it with --lang=fr-lrg,
> which is a valid dictionary.

--lang does not select a dictionary it selects a language.  What is most
likely happening is that it is looking for the default dictionary for the
"fr" language.  Try "-d fr-lrg" and see what happens.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org