List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [aspell-user] Aspell requirements
From:       "Dennis Lin" <advertisements () lycos ! com>
Date:       2002-06-17 11:08:03

> None of these files should be necessary.  Aspell deals with the missing
> files by throwing exceptions which are suppose to be caught, however some
> version of gcc do not handle the exceptions correctly.  Thus Aspell
> crashes.  What compiler are you using (gcc -v) and what type of system are
> you on.

I'm running Source Mage (a compile-it yourself distribution) on an Athlon Thunderbird \
1.2 GHz.  My version of gcc is:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3/specs
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

While trying to debug the problem, I noticed that the exceptions didn't look like \
they were being caught at all.    Perhaps there's something else wrong with my \
system?  I'm using libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 and glibc version 2.2.5.  I am thinking \
about changing linux distributions...

Dennis Lin