List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [aspell-user] compile
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2001-06-01 23:51:14

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Troy Heber wrote:

> I'm experienceing a problem getting 33.6.1 aspell to compile, I get the following \
> error:
> config.cc:8: dirs.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [config.lo] Error 1
>
> I'm using gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) on Red Hat 6.2 with pspell 12.2 \
> installed.
> Line 8 of config.cc is trying to include dirs.h from the local directory, however \
> aspell does not provide this header. It looks like it sould be created by \
> mk-dirs_h.cc, but that does not appear to be working.
> Any ideas?

Go into the lib/ directory and type "make dirs.h".  dirs.h is a generated
file that should be build automatically however is not.

The distribution mistakenly included the file however you probably typed did
a make clean or something like that.

PS: If anyone reading this is installing in a location other than
/usr/local please first remove dirs.h from the lib/ directory and then do
a "make dirs.h".  The one mistakenly included in the distribution will only
work correctly if you install in /usr/local.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net