List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: [aspell-user] Aspell Java Package?
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2001-04-28 2:51:07

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Dinggang Xu wrote:

> Anyone know if there is existing or soon-release Aspell Java Package? If
> not, so using JNI to invoke native method in C++ is only way to use Aspell
> in Java application(our website needs to spellcheck user input)?

Not that I know of.

If you want to use JNI I recommend you use the Pspell library instead as
the Aspell library as the Aspell library is very unstable.

You can also use Aspell through a pipe.

Someone else is working on creating an Aspell front end using Aspell
through a pipe.  He has not released anything yet but I can give you his
email if you are interested.

 ---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net