List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Re: Ispell dictionary -> aspell dictionary
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevinatk () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-31 22:32:51

Peter Novodvorsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a russian ispell dictionary and i wany to convert it to aspell.
> What i have to do?

1) You need to a Russian language defination file.  I will send you one
provided you give me.

     The iso-* character set used for your language
     Any nonword characters that can appear in a word such as a dash
     Any other special considerations for you language such as allowing
run together words.
     A small word list of around 1,000 words so that I can test things
out.

2) You need to deaffix the aspell word list:
  ispell -e < ispell-word-list > aspell-word-list.

3) After you have the language file in the right place you will need to
compile the word list.  See section 3.3.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com