List:       aspell-user
Subject:    Support for gcc 2.7.2.
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevinatk () home ! com>
Date:       1998-12-16 0:33:53

Based on the feedback from this mailing list I decided to drop support
for gcc 2.7.2 as the c++ compiler.  Version .24 will be the last version
that will compile under gcc 2.7.2.

This does not mean that I will only support egcs as I hope hope to make
my program portable enough that it can compile with any *decent* c++
compiler.  However as egcs is the only compiler I have access to I will
only be able to continually test it with egcs.

Right now I test my program with egcs on both a Linux and Solaris system
(metalab.und.edu).

If you have any serious problems with this please let me know.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/