List:       arts
Subject:    Re: Soundserver
From:       Jeff Tranter <tranter () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-08-26 15:01:08

That second message could be due KDE looking for all of the mixers on the system.
If you go into the Control Center and select Sound / Mixer, and set Maximum
number of probed mixers to 1, that should stop KDE from looking for
a mixer on more than one sound card.

Also check that  in the Sound Server section of the Control Center
it isn't trying to use a second sound card. You should also verify
that /dev/dsp is not a link to a second sound card.