List:       argante
Subject:    [argante] Hm.
From:       James KEHL <s4012408 () student ! uq ! edu ! au>
Date:       2001-05-09 1:47:07

Ok... I'm glad we have decided not to degrade performance further... :)

Proposed calling convention:
first float argument in f0
(i.e. second float arg in f1, third in f2...)
signed argument in s0 (s1, s2...)
unsigned and pointers in u0...

Return values, signed in s0, float in f0, everything else in u0.

Varargs: (if anyone's fool enough... :)
Args pushed leftmost-first, so
printf(cow, chicken, dog)
becomes
STACK TOP: dog
	chicken
	cow

and then the number of arguments is pushed on after it. So no stack-smash
:)

BTW:
Adam, I have made a concession to inline error handlers: you can create
inline functions, visible only to the parent + siblings, and
name them as error
handlers. Or call them or whatever :)

James