List:       arachnids
Subject:    [arachNIDS] Project PigRoast and logging...
From:       "Joe Magee" <me () joemagee ! com>
Date:       2000-10-09 11:58:02

Hey max, I haven't really introduced myself before however I'm a fan of your site. I \
was wondering what thoughts you have about Project PigRoast thing I'm working on. \
have you seen something like this done before? do you currently do any remote logging \
or log collaboration? I'm trying to play with the best way to go about doing this.

http://www.joemagee.com/projectpigroast.htm

What I would like to do is have all my snort machines log back to a single host. then \
have that host either run snortsnarf and present all log material in html format or \
transport the logs somewhere where they can be viewed. One of my most important goals \
is to be able to hand the monitoring job over to a "sysops" type of person who will \
watch the logs and respond accordingly, so what I need to do is get the data a \
"console" for monitoring so I can then start writing respond and react type of \
policies.

any ideas?

Thanks

Joe Magee