List:       apr-dev
Subject:    Re: apr_file_copy with APR_FILE_SOURCE_PERMS not copying permissions if destination already exists
From:       William A Rowe Jr <wrowe () rowe-clan ! net>
Date:       2017-03-31 19:26:00

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 30 Mar 2017, at 15:59, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>>
>> I'd suggest we treat it as a bug, change the behavior accordingly in 1.6.0,
>> and @bug the API to indicate the old vs new behavior. Thoughts?
>
> On reflection, +1 to all that.

The only objection I've considered is that the application of the perms
outside of the file create call will cost an additional syscall, it's slightly
less efficient.

It probably makes the most sense to simply re-apply the chmod again
without testing to determine whether the file had existed or not.

Others thoughts?