List:       apr-dev
Subject:    Fwd: Showstoppers to apr release(?)
From:       "Henry Jen" <henryjen () ztune ! net>
Date:       2007-10-31 2:59:37

Forward to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henry Jen <henryjen@ztune.net>
Date: Oct 30, 2007 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Showstoppers to apr release(?)
To: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>

> A better fix for Solaris, IMHO, is don't call port_associate in
> apr_pollset_add but leave it to apr_pollset_poll by putting the
> request into the add_ring. Attached patch fix get over this issue.

A second thought found this may not be a good idea. Given a thread is
blocking on apr_pollset_poll, then another thread doing a
apr_pollset_add, I suppose when the desired event for the new socket
arrived should unblock the waiting thread.

Is that understanding correct? If so, the proposed patch will fail
that scenario.

Cheers,
Henry