List:       apr-dev
Subject:    Re: Apache directives controlling APR behavior
From:       Jim Jagielski <jim () jaguNET ! com>
Date:       2002-09-21 19:37:54

Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Ooh, that's a tough one. On the one hand, setters and getters for
> uid/gid won't really be portable to systems that don't have the concept
> of uid/gid. OTOH, I don't see any better way to do it (and I don't
> like the idea of global vars).

Hmmm. How about something like:

    apr_sysv_shmem_setuid2user(0|1);   /* whether we want/need to assign uid */
    apr_sysv_shmem_getuid2user();      /* true if we want/need to assign uid */

Not sure if we should separate the uid/User-gid/Group stuff or not.
Basically, the simplest is some way of having APR know whether or
not to perform the shmctl() call to set the uid/gid, and someway for
Apache to adjust that knowledge.

OT: Most likely, something like "apr_set_var(name, value); apr_get_val(name);"
where name reflects what we typically think of as global state vars might
be useful.