List:       apr-dev
Subject:    Re: bug in apr_brigade.c
From:       "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe () covalent ! net>
Date:       2002-01-24 15:06:26

From: "Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 9:00 AM

and memory is a data sink as well, which is what the API was coded around.
But pipe buckets don't enter the discussion, so much, because they are
length -1.  But just try and send 5GB from a pipe with the content-length
filter inserted :)

Look, anyone who wants to rescope this, feel free to submit a patch.  I'll
veto only as long as it is faulty or doesn't build clean.  That's build clean
where sizeof(apr_off_t) > sizeof(apr_size_t).  If someone creates a patch,
which doesn't cast around the problems without looking first, I won't stop
at not vetoing, but I'll even vote for it [in principal.]

Here's betting I don't see a reasonable patch anytime soon.

Bill