List:       appscript-dev
Subject:    [appscript-dev] "TypeError: AEDesc required" in
From:       njriley () uiuc ! edu (Nicholas Riley)
Date:       2006-10-15 13:51:00

Hi,

I've started attempting to port some of my appscript stuff to Python
2.5 on an Intel Mac.  Mostly everything works unless appscript needs
to launch an application, and I get:

  File
  "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/aeosa/aem/send/__init__.py", \
line 51, in __init__  self._address = connect.localapp(path)
  File
  "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/aeosa/aem/send/connect.py", \
line 104, in localapp  _launchContinue + _launchNoFileFlags + _launchDontSwitch)
TypeError: AEDesc required

which is in a call to PSN.LaunchApplication.  I'm guessing this is
happening in AEGetDescData.  I did check that it's at least the right
format:

(Pdb) _runEvent
<CarbonX._AE.AEDesc object at 0x8f7e8>

Any ideas about what's going on here?

Also, can there be a link to the Trac/mailing list sites from the
SourceForge site?  It took a while to find.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>