List:       applixware-redhat
Subject:    RE: Dead?
From:       John Joseph Anderson <janders () cem202c-1 ! che ! ttu ! edu>
Date:       1997-07-28 16:24:48

On 28-Jul-97 Graham Todd wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, John Joseph Anderson wrote:
>
>> Well, perhaps the most annoying bug I've encountered in 4.3 has been in the
>> chart program.  When I try to adjust or add new data entries for the X-Y
>> graphs I create, I can make one change in the list.  If I switch to another
>> set of data (or in my case, a line/curve) I get an error about invalid array
>> element.
>>
>> This has severely hampered my use of the spreadsheet program.
>
>Hmm, I'm not sure I've precisely understood the problem you're having but
>I regularly do this:
>
>Create a column of data/values (usually the total resulting from formulas
>applied to other data) aranged by date, then click and drag a simple X/Y
>chart. When entering new data the chart updates instantly.
>
>I haven't seen a problem yet.  What kind of operations are causing the
>chart problem you're having?

The problem I am having is when I'm adding to the existing data and wish to
include additional rows or columns to the data for one line.  In some cases, I'm
able to adjust one set of data, but if I change any additional lines, the
program errors and states that it is an invalid array element.  In addition, I
cannot add additional columns of data to the graph when this occurs.  It is
very annoying as I like to use the same graph, but past new data in, or wish to
delete a column from the graph and then cannot add a new one.

Joe

     /\_/\_/\     Joe Anderson - janders@cem202c-1.che.ttu.edu
    {--------}     WWW: http://cem202c-1.che.ttu.edu/~janders
     )  66  (            'Get your kicks on Route 66'
    (___  ___)       http://cem202c-1.che.ttu.edu/~route66
        `'