List:       applixware-list
Subject:    Upgrading LinuxMall purchased 4.4.1
From:       David Loveall <dloveall () erols ! com>
Date:       2000-05-14 9:58:01

I am a 4.4.1 owner (purchased from Linuxmall) who according to
store.applixware.com, isn't registered.

I was led to a "Registering a copy Applixware Office for Linux 4.3.7 or
Applixware Office for
Linux 4.4.1 purchased from a non-Applix source" page
(http://www.applix.com/ecomm/lnxregoption.cfm)
that says I need to mail either my 4.4.1 cd or front cover of the manual
to Applix.

The page also says that (verbatim):
If you wish to take this opportunity to upgrade your version of
Applixware Office for Linux to
version 4.4.2 please include a check or money order for $39.95 (if in
the continental US) or
$44.95 (outside the 48 states) made payable to Applix, Inc. and you will
receive a 4.4.2 CD
and a complete set of Release Notes;

I would have hoped that the serial number on the box would be sufficient
to establish eligibility,
but at any rate, the page makes mention of the 4.4.2 upgrade for $39.95
when registering (no mention of 5.0). Can I:

1) Register and upgrade to 5.0 through this route ($39.95)?
2) Register and upgrade to 5.0 through this route for $44.95 ($39.95 + $5.00)?
3) Register through this route, then periodically attempt to order from
store.applixware.com
until I'm "registered" in its database?

Thanks,
David Loveall