List:       applixware-list
Subject:    Re: Another mail issue
From:       mark () cherry ! applix ! com (Mark Fraase)
Date:       1999-01-05 19:07:56

> I have found that bounced mail from elm that includes attatchments do not
> appear correctly.  On a normal/new message with attatchment, the attatchment
> "paper clip" will appear on the left of the message.  On a bounced message,
> the attatchment "paper clip" will not be visible and yet there is an
> attatchment in the attatchment area of Inbox.sp.  To me, this is a minor issue.
> However, there  may be more happening that I have not yet noticed.

I believe that Applix Mail is keying off of the "X-Status" line of the
message envelope.  If there is an "A"ttachment indicator on that line,
as in

then the paperclip will be displayed in the inbox.  No "A", no paperclip.
Though in either case, any actual attachments are always displayed in the
attachment are of the inbox.

Should we rely on the "A"?  I dunno.  I'll submit an incident report on
it for review.

Mark Fraase
Applix, Inc.