List:       applixware-list
Subject:    Re: Why does words open rtf files in read only mode?
From:       Eric Ding <ericding () applix ! com>
Date:       1998-11-03 21:09:59

David Mandala <davidm@them.com> writes:

> The question is: Why does words import rtf files in read only mode? Followed
> by: How do I fix it and make the rtf files writable?

It's a paradigm thing, I guess -- the idea, at least my take on it, is that
you don't generally import in order to directly edit and save in .rtf;
rather, you'll wind up saving as a .aw file, or exporting to an .rtf file
(the same name, if you wish).

Eric
--
Software Development Engineer / ericding@applix.com               <><
Applix, Inc. / 112 Turnpike Road / Westboro MA 01581-2842