List:       applixware-list
Subject:    book Template: Margins for Odd and Even pages
From:       "Bruce W. Bigby" <bbigby () rochester ! rr ! com>
Date:       1998-11-02 20:21:03

The marins for the odd and even pages are not aligning properly when I
print to Postscript. At least, they don't seem to print properly. Anyone
have a clue as to why? Basically, the odd pages--1, 3, 5, ...--have a
left margin of about 13/16", while the even pages--2, 4, 6, ...--have a
left margin of about 7/16". I'm not sure about what they should be but
whatever they are, when the document prints on a duplex page, the front
and back sides of each page should be aligned. Has anyone else solved
this problem?

Also, is the proper method for adding a chapter simply copying the
chapter heading and pasting it at the end of your document?  I noticed
that I also have to force a page break before the chapter heading that I
paste.  If you have experience with the book template, can you explain
to me how to handle chapters, generate table of contents and index?  In
the meantime, I'll read my docs.
--
Bruce W. Bigby
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny