List:       apparmor-dev
Subject:    Re: [apparmor] Apparmor profile as blacklist - default allow
From:       John Johansen <john.johansen () canonical ! com>
Date:       2016-06-22 20:03:58

On 06/22/2016 12:23 AM, Georg Schoenberger wrote:
> On 2016-06-22 08:54, John Johansen wrote:
>> On 06/21/2016 10:47 PM, Georg Schoenberger wrote:
>>> Hi Apparmor Team,
>>>
>>> I am currently working on a profile for PHP-FPM. Unfortunately the
>>> application is quite complicated,
>>> therefore I am thinking about using a blacklist (default allow) in the
>>> profile:
>>> *
>>> http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/FAQ#What_is_Default_Allow_.28Black_listing.29
>>>
>>> Any examples on how to do that in the profile?
>>>
>> You allow everything and then use deny rules.
>>
>> profile example {
>>    file,
>>    network,
>>    capability,
>>    mount,
>>    ptrace,
>>    signal,
>>    unix,
>>    # err what ever else I am missing
>>
>>    deny /foo rw,
>>    deny capability sys_admin,
>>    # ...
>> }
>>
> THX for the quick answer, exactly what I was looking for!
>
> Any further docs on a complete list of operations? (# err what ever else I am missing)

The answer is it depends on your version of apparmor. The types of rules
should be covered by apparmor.d. But some of them ones I missed were

 change_profile,
 dbus,
 pivot_root,
 umount,

and
 rlimit,

though these are weird as they only set the rlimits for the task as the LSM
has no  hooks into their enforcemen, and you can't use deny rules with them

new types are added from time to time as well. Eg there are experimental
versions with X, gsettings, etc. rules. which will land at some point when
they are ready.

Newer versions of the parser try hard to keep compatibility, but old
versions will break on rule types that are unknown.