List:       apparmor-dev
Subject:    Re: [Apparmor-dev] rule interaction with extended mediation
From:       John Johansen <john.johansen () canonical ! com>
Date:       2009-10-30 4:14:53

Cliffe wrote:

> Regarding compatibility with policy developed for previous versions,
> perhaps you could specify the policy language version for each profile.
> That way the AppArmor parser could add the required generalised rules to
> older profiles if they are required to keep compatibility. For example,
> adding "chroot /**" to profiles developed earlier. Just a thought.

That is a possibility, and it opens up the possibility of revisiting other parts
of the profile language.  I am hesitant because I am not sure the trade off of
having a slightly different version of the language is worth it.  Also I really
do not want to force the use of to many new rules unless it is really worth it.

john