List:       apcupsd-users
Subject:    Re: [Apcupsd-users] Battery Voltage Adjustments
From:       Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm () mittelstaedt ! us>
Date:       2015-03-07 2:54:40

Hi Mark,

OK, well I did some digging on this and ran across this document:

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/EALN-79CR5M/EALN-79CR5M_R1_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

Reading partway down the document comes across this:

"...The phase voltage in Auto mode is always 120Vac. The Output phase
difference between two phases tracks the input phase
difference..."

So, then getting back to your original question, it appears as though
the SURTD5000RMXLP3U and SURTD6000XLT, probably because they are both
electronic power supplies, use the input phase difference and voltage
to determine the output.

So, what APC support told you (and what I said) was wrong - both UPSes
should work just fine in either a 208v commercial system or a single
phase 240v system because the UPS auto-detects what power it's getting.

Ted