List:       apache-test-dev
Subject:    Flood URL Bag v0.8
From:       Jacek Prucia <jacek.prucia () acn ! waw ! pl>
Date:       2004-04-15 9:40:12

    Dear flood dev'ers,

One of the most troublesome areas of flood ussage, is the creation of
XML configuration file. There are number of ways in which this can be
resolved. As you can see in STATUS file, I'm working on an Mozilla
application code named: Flood URL Bag. I would like to show you current
version (0.8), as I think it is both good proof of concept and quite
usable application (it generates valid flood XML config files).

I've set up a small page with information, to get people started:

    http://cvs.apache.org/~jacekp/floodurlbag.html

Please read it if you are interested in giving it a try. In short, it is
capable of intercepting requests leaving mozilla, and saving them as XML
file ready for flood.

I have no idea how many current/future test-dev'ers have enough
XPCOM/XUL karma, but I think it is time to consider donating Flood URL
Bag to ASF, and opening it to the public. It works fine for me, and
might attract both new users and developers to flood (and oh boy,
we're short on developers). If there are no objections, I'll try to make
this application bullet-proof (fix few small bugs) and submit it
through Incubator.

There... No more Exceptions for me. Back to core dumps :)

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia