List:       apache-stdcxx-dev
Subject:    Re: copying .dll to project directories (was Re: [Fwd: Solution generartion
From:       Martin Sebor <sebor () roguewave ! com>
Date:       2005-12-16 16:23:15

Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>
>>If appending $BUILDDIR/lib to PATH is too difficult to do in the IDE I
>
> would prefer to require users to set it on the command line before   >
> invoking Visual Studio rather than do the copying. But I recognize that
> others may feel differently :) How about making the copying an     >
> option (say, /COPYDLL) to the generate script?
>
> OK, I'll add the option. But this will require additional changes in the
> scripts (include examples running scripts) and I prefer to do it after
> we will get the stable working version for Intel C++ compiler. Maybe it
> will be useful to create an jira note for this issue (just to remember
> about it)?

That sounds like a good plan. Could you open a Jira enhancement
request for it (the component should be Build)? Copy the text
of this post to the issue and insert a link to the post in the
stdcxx-dev archive. See STDCXX-85 for an example of how to do
it: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-85

Thanks
Martin