List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] Installing apache_1.3.12+ssl_1.39 patch
From:       Joaquin Melero de Dios <jmelero () tsai ! es>
Date:       2000-12-19 14:37:12

Rob Winningham wrote:

> >    According with the instructions I am following, then I created the test
> >certificates (they are created with no problem) but the directory
> /usr/local/httpsd is
> >not created.
>
> I'm not aware of any such directory.  What indication do you get that this
> directory is missing?
>

> >    I believe this directory had to have been created when I did the
> compilation
> >process but I have no detected a error.
>
> Everything sounds ok to me.
>

> >Can I use one of these files to configure my apache web server in other to have
> >secure server and a non secure server running with the same daemon?
>
> The .conf file that you need to alter is in /usr/local/apache/conf by default.
> To configure for mixed (both secure and unsecure) environment go to
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/httpd.conf.example for an example .conf.
>
> ==Rob==

    Rob, I have done the foolowing:

 1.- I have compiled apache_1.3.12

 2.- Then openssl-0.9.5a

 3.- and finally apache_1.3.12+ssl_1.41

    The apache server starts correctly and listen through the port 80 but if I
configure the /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/conf/httpd.conf file as in the example you
advised to me in the last e-mail

        ServerName isiux30.tsai.es
        ServerType standalone
        ServerAdmin isiux@isiux30.tsai.es
        User isiux
        Group grupoweb
        Port 443
        Listen 80
        Listen 443
        SSLVerifyClient 0
        SSLVerifyDepth 10
        SSLCACertificatePath /usr/local/httpsd/certs
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/httpsd/certs/new.cert.key
        SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/httpsd/certs/new.cert.cert
        SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/httpsd/certs/new.cert.cert
        DocumentRoot "/usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/htdocs"
        CustomLog /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/logs/access.log common
        ErrorLog /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/logs/error.log
        PidFile /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/logs/httpd.pid

        ### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
        <VirtualHost isisux30@tsai.es>
        SSLEnable
        Port 80
        ServerAdmin isiux@isisux30.tsai.es
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12
        ServerName isisux30@tsai.es
        ErrorLog /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/logs/error_seguro.log
        CustomLog /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/logs/access_seguro.log common
        </VirtualHost>

    When I run the test before start it the following message appears:

isiux30:/usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/bin>./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 929 of /usr/local/src/apache_1.3.12/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLDisable', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included
in the server configuration

If I commeet this directive all seems work correctly: I can conect to the test page in
isiux30.tsai.es:80 and isiux30.tsai.es:443 but the secure mode does not work (I can
load the https://isiux30.tsai.es:443

Which is the module I need to install to be recognized this directive?