List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] Compilation Errors
From:       "pearltech" <pearltech () goplay ! com>
Date:       2000-10-27 9:10:57

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inputs...  As you had mentioned I installed Apache
1.3.12 and OpenSSL 0.9.5a.  Everything went fine (compilation and
Installation)  But, When I try to start Apache using "httpsdctl" it
gives me the following Error.
./httpsdctl start
fopen: No such file or directory
httpsd: could not open document config file
/portal/qa/apache/conf/httpd.conf
./httpsdctl start: httpd could not be started
I could'nt find "httpd.conf" in any of the directories where I
installed Apache...  Is there any post installation steps to be
followed???  Why is it searching for httpd.conf" instead of
"httpsd.conf" which is there in conf directory??  Is there any
documentation which details the steps???

Regards,
SK

"Chris Newbill" <cnewbill@onewest.net> wrote on Tuesday October 24,
2000 at  9:31pm: