List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    [apache-ssl] Can't Connect On SSL!
From:       "Brian D. McGrew" <brian () mvp-fw ! visionpro ! com>
Date:       1999-09-27 15:54:26

Hi, All ...

	Just got done setting up Apache-SSL v1.3.9.  I've completed the config
file, which I'll atach to this message.  There are basicly three servers on the
machine, with two of them supposed to be SSL.

	I can connect to any of them, on port 80, not using SSL.  When I try to
connect to either of the two that are supposed to be secured, using https://,
the browser (Netscape on Sun or PC and IE on PC) just hang.  This hang wil be
infinate - with no error or anything else.

	If I had a log file, I'd send it too - but all my log files are empty.
They were just created when I started the server for the first time, but they
are still zero byte files.

	Any insights would be a great help ...

- --- [ BEGIN /usr/local/apache/conf/httpsd.conf attachment ] ---

ServerName rabbit.visionpro.com
ServerType standalone
ServerAdmin webmaster@visionpro.com
User nobody
Group nobody
Port 443
Listen 443
Listen 80
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/visionpro/visionpro.key
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/visionpro/visionpro.cert

#SSLCacheServerPath /usr/local/apache/gcache
#SSLCacheServerPort /usr/local/apache/gcache-rabbit
#SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300

DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/rabbit-access.log
SSLLogFile /usr/local/apache/logs/rabbit-ssl.log
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/rabbit-error.log
PidFile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpsd.pid

<VirtualHost internal.visionpro.com:80>
SSLDisable
Port 80
DocumentRoot /opt/public_html/internal
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/internal-access.log
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/internal-error.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost support.visionpro.com:443>
Port 443
#SSLVerifyClient 0
#SSLVerifyDepth 10
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/visionpro/visionpro.key
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/visionpro/visionpro.cert
DocumentRoot /opt/public_html/support
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/support-access.log
SSLLogFile /usr/local/apache/logs/support-ssl.log
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/support-error.log
</VirtualHost>

- --- [ END /usr/local/apache/conf/httpsd.conf attachment ] ---

-
Brian McGrew
brian@visionpro.com
---
>Linux:
  In a world without fences, who needs Gates?