List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] rookie question
From:       Chuck Pitre <chuck () vianet ! on ! ca>
Date:       1998-11-27 22:01:44

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> At 10:54 AM 11/27/98 -0500, Chuck Pitre wrote:
> We use CyberCash. They to NOT clear the transactions themselves though. You
> need a financial institution to do that for you. CyberCash is only the
> gateway.

Yes.. that I realise.. CyberCash is simply an overglorified Interac
machine for LINUX :P  I'm assuming it uses a modem to dial my financial
instituation and do the transaction then..

> We've also found them a bit difficult to work with. They have a very
> restricted testing mode and once you turn them on you are LIVE with no
> testing modes available. It's like playing with a loaded gun and NO safety.
> There is no way to "dry fire" such that you know the mechanism works right.
> Considering that your side of the interface involves a substantial amount
> of new code, this is most disconcerting. We got it to work, but we are
> concerned about bugs since we feel the code hasn't meet MHSC testing
> standards. Performance isn't an issue becasue you simply can not do it
> without proper testing.

hrm.. that is disconcerning...I don't like software without safeties...
well hopefully someone else on this list uses another software package
they can recommend :P

Chuck Pitre                             128 Larch Street, Suite 301
Technical Consultant                    P3E 5J8 Sudbury Ontario
ViaNet Internet Solutions               tel: 705-675-0400
ICQ UIN					22147453

        "That vulnerability is completely theoretical."
        -- Microsoft