List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] Adding trusted CA's to Apache-SSL ?
From:       Brian Higginbotham <brianh () objs ! com>
Date:       1998-06-25 19:58:10

At 10:27 AM 6/25/98 +0100, you wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Brian Higginbotham wrote:
>
>> I have created my own Certificate Authority and a Server Certificate.  I
>> want to be able to accept Verisign and Thawte browser certificates with my
>> server, but currently, it throws an error complaining that the issuer of
>> these certificates are unknown.
>
>  Salve,
>
>  dunno about checking with more than one allowed CA, with only one it's
>as simple as putting: "SSLCACertificateFile /some/where/cacert.pem" in the
>conf file, where the cacert.pem is the CA cert of the CA in question.
>
>  To accept more than one maybe try:"SSLCACertificatePath /some/where/"
>
>  Hope this helps

Tried this, and put the cert-ca.pem file that comes with Red Hat Secure
server in that directory, but it still gives me the same error:

verify error:num=11:unable to get issuer certificate
verify return:0

I assume that there is an SSLeay routine that adds CA certificates to the
CA certificate files, but I haven't found it yet.  Still looking!

Thanks!