List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] SSL v. non-SSL performance
From:       Chris French <chris () opengroup ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 9:04:07

Thanks Ben.

Feedback to my request also suggested a single webserver supporting both
ports and just disabling SSL for port 80.
Then if I redirect requests where the REMOTE_USER variable is set to the
SSL port I guess that would do the trick.
Then we optimise it by creating direct links to https: at all the 'usual'
explicit places where a login is required and the redirect catches the rest.

--

best regards,

Chris

Chris French                                                  The Open Group
Database Administrator                              Apex Plaza, Forbury Road
EMail: c.french@opengroup.org                      Reading, England, RG1 1AX
Tel: +44 118 902 3042
Fax: +44 118 950 0110                               http://www.opengroup.org
Boundaryless Information Flow and Enterprise Architecture
October 20-24, 2003
Sheraton Premiere at Tyson's Corner, Washington DC
www.opengroup.org/washington2003
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system
and notify the sender. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose,
nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person.