List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    [apache-ssl] Compilation Errors:  Help Required
From:       MSebetich () aol ! com
Date:       2002-06-11 12:11:19

Hi All,

I'm running into a stumbling block when trying to get apache-ssl to compile
correctly.  I downloaded and compiled the source for the most recent ver of
openssl (0.9.6d).  It works fine.  I then downloaded and unpackaged
apache_1.3.24 as instructed and unpackaged apache-ssl into the apache
directory.  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache works fine but make does
not.  When I issue the make command, at the end of its processing I get the
following errors:

Undefined symbol dlclose first referenced in file
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o)

Undefined symbol dlsym first referenced in file
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o)

Undefined symbol dlopen first referenced in file
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o)

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to httpsd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: **** [target_static] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /home/apache_1.3.24/src
make[1]: **** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving direcotyr /home/apache_1.3.24
make: *** [build] Error 2

I'm running SunOS 5.8 on an Ultra 10.  I'm using the latest stable release of
make.
Any ideas as to why I get this error??  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mike Sebetich