List:       apache-ssl
Subject:    Re: [apache-ssl] gcache problem: couldn't connect to socket
From:       "Yuichiro Tateno" <tateno () asia1 ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 6:31:35

Hello,

About two months ago I sent an e-mail below. I asked about gcache
problem.
At that time I was suggested to check the existance of random device.

To solve my problem, I did the following things.
First, I added random device(/dev/urandom) to the host.
Second, I used a bechmark tool named 'siege' and I tested if that way
would solve the problem.

I tested many times.  But I still receive error like this.
"Assertion failed: !"couldn't connect to socket", file
gcacheclient.c,  line 118"

I didn't know why this happend. I 'pkgrm'ed the random device again.

This time I changed the directive 'SSLCacheServerPort' like this.

before  SSLCacheServerPort logs/gcache_port
after   SSLCacheServerPort 1234

According comment on configuration file, if a number is written here,
a TCP socket is used for connection.

After this, I did same tests that I had mentioned above.
As a result, no errors about gcache occured this time even though I
tested many times.

Is there any problem with unix domain socket ?
Has anyone heard of these kind of things ?
Any ideas would be welcome.

Thank you,

Yuichiro Tateno