List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] Multithreading in apache module
From:       "Mjartan, Carsten" <Carsten.Mjartan () zeda ! de>
Date:       2000-11-13 15:56:17

I'm working at the implementation of a mod_rexx module to allow fast
execution of rexx cgi-scripts (apache_1.3.14 + regina rexx).

My problem is that the rexx saa api doesn't allow to pass information about
the request to the rexx I/O handler, so I currently have to put the whole
content handler between acquire_mutex / release_mutex.

Is there a portable way to get a unique thread id from within the apache
environment so that i can handle this by an associative array (thread_id =>
request)?

Carsten Mjartan