List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] Linking an Module With Only Object Code
From:       Steve Benson <steve.benson () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-17 15:22:57

Hi:

I know this is a bit OT but I've not been able to find a more suitable
mailing list for my question.

I've been given a module that I must compile into Apache 1.3.12 and only
have the object code, i.e. mod_some_module.o .

The department furnishing the code I need is very understaffed and not
sympathetic to my lack of experience compiling modules into Apache without
the source.

Anyway, I've tried everything I can think of such as modifying the
src/Configuration file and modifying various Makefiles to get this object
code to compile with Apache with no luck.  I've even created a
mod_some_module.module companion file to the module's object file and
wasn't successful, although I'd have to admit I had no idea what should go
into the *.module file so the result wasn't too surprising. :)

Could someone please help by explaining the steps required to get Apache
compiled with a module with only the module's object code.

I would appreciate any help you can provide this module is essential to the
project I'm working on.

Thank you,