List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] AW: [apache-modules] module is continously
From:       "Robert X Weeks" <weeks_robert () jpmorgan ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 8:15:04

Could you not do an ap_make_sub_pool and then destroy it when you've finished
with it.
Bob

sr@daa.de on 31/05/2000 08:55:03

Please respond to apache-modules@covalent.net

To:   apache-modules@covalent.net
cc:   (bcc: Robert X Weeks)
Subject:  [apache-modules] AW: [apache-modules] module is continously eating
      memory

Hi Greg,

>I mailed the response yesterday:

>There is an exit() call just a couple lines below the break out of the
>loop. All of the memory is returned to the operating system, so the pools
>don't mean squat.

sorry but this is not true for the win32 version. The win32 version works
only with two processes. The worker process starts 50 worker threads. These
worker threads never exits, they died only, if the apache main process exits
or reloads.

Maybe this discussion is not at the right place here. Should I go to another
mailing list?

Steffen

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.