List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] AW: [apache-modules] AW: [apache-modules] module is continously e
From:       Steffen Roller <sr () daa ! de>
Date:       2000-05-30 16:55:47

Hi Ken,

>> I found that after the return from ap_process_request() the pool
>> of the request (r->pool) is not freed.
>The memory is not released with free(), but is given back to the
>allocation routines to manage.  Apache never "frees" memory.

I unterstood this, but the server should not call ap_destroy_pool() or
ap_clear_pool() or something like that? I found ap_destroy_pool() in
http_main.c around line 5436, but this line of code would never be touched
if the connection is not keepalive or aborted. I use Netscape 4.7 for
testing and therefore apache exits the while loop before calling
ap_destroy_pool(). Is this correct?

Steffen