List:       apache-modules
Subject:    [apache-modules] cancel
From:       "Clinton Kitson" <clint () mesanet ! net>
Date:       2000-05-02 20:43:15

remove
cancel

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rosenstark [mailto:drosenstark@alchemedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 2:09 PM
To: apache-modules@covalent.net
Subject: [apache-modules] data accessible to multiple apache processes

Some of our data needs to be shared across the multiple Apache child
processes so we are using a separate process that the Apache children
communicate with using sockets. However, we have run into a problem since
each socket uses a file descriptor, which has a limit of about 60. This is
way less than a web server that may configure itself to have a maximum of
more than 100 current processes open. Has anyone run into this problem and
do you know of a solution?

TIA,
David