List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] pthreads
From:       Stephan Bauer <stephan.bauer () ask-the-guru ! de>
Date:       2000-02-10 9:46:36

Hi John,

We are using pthreads in our module Mod_Redundancy.
Using pthreads works fine on Solaris 2.6 (later
versions not yet tested, but most propably also OK),
and Linux with the latest glibc-2.1.2.

I suspect you are using an older one ?

There are some platform-notes available on our website, if
you need some more details for Linux.

Please see:
http://www.ask-the-guru.de/mod_redundancy/platform_notes.html
if you like.

Ciao,

Stephan
Stephan Bauer
Ask-The-Guru Internet Solutions
stephan.bauer@ask-the-guru.de
http://www.ask-the-guru.de
The home of Mod_Redundancy...
The Apache-Module for High Availability !

Greg Stein wrote:
Hey everybody: rather than asking "why" and saying "you should do it
<this> way", we could actually *answer* his question!

John: no, you can't use LinuxThreads with Apache. LinuxThreads uses
SIGUSR1, which Apache also uses. Because of the signal conflict, things
just won't work.

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/