List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] Decent apache-module documentation?
From:       Doug MacEachern <dougm () cp ! net>
Date:       1999-09-08 6:11:58

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Spencer Portee wrote:
> > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wrapmod/
>
> I love perl too.  Why say this?  they have 30 pages on C API, the rest of
> it is abotu developing in perl.  I think o'rielly has a bit of a one track
> mind =)

more like 130 pages on the C API :)  there's more that is not included in
the book here:
http://www.apachemod.com/cmodules/
which explains:
"The majority of examples in our book were written in Perl, due in large
part to the conciseness of Perl.  We have ported several of the Perl
examples to modules written in C, whose fundementals still match the
walkthroughs we gave in Perl and C specifics covered in the last two
chapters of the book."

there is also libapreq for parsing form data (including multipart),
cookies, etc.:
http://www.apachemod.com/libapreq/

we did our best to cover both languages in a single book, anything more
would require writing 2 books.  it is possible that might happen for the
second edition(s)

-Doug