List:       apache-modules
Subject:    Re: [apache-modules] Related to mod_deflate, need help
From:       Prashant Saxena <prashant.saxena () radixs ! com>
Date:       2006-07-10 11:03:00

Thanks Nick for prompt reply. My answers inline.
On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 18:38, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Monday 10 July 2006 10:57, Prashant Saxena wrote:
>
> > when I visit http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html
> > I notice EOS being received twice for this file.
>
> That shouldn't happen, but your module should be tolerant if it does.
[Prashant]: OK, I'll make my module tolerant.

> > I also notice that the content for above URL contains html data followed by
> > some binary data while I expect that my module (testFilter) should be not
> > be getting binary data at all because mod_deflate
> > would already have inflated it.
>
> Is this in the middle of your HTML, or extra junk after a completed page?
[Prashant]: This is NOT in middle. This is at the end after </html> tag
            for the URL I listed above.

> > Could mod_deflate be at fault or did I miss anything?
>
> Check bugzilla and apply my recent sticking-plaster fix to the
> inflate output filter in mod_deflate.

[Prashant]: Could you please explain a bit more regarding how to find
            and apply this sticking-plaster fix? I am new to bugzilla.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S